Thinkering Kids Therapy is Proud To Introduce Our New Program
What is TKidsTime?
TKidsTime is an exceptional program guided by the principle that learning occurs best when children are engaged socially, emotionally and intellectually by creating opportunities for learning that are natural, meaningful and purposeful.
Our program is a program for children under the age of 6, who need support with social interactions, language and communication, sensory processing abilities/managing behaviors to get ready for a traditional school setting.
TKidsTime focuses on understanding each child’s unique strengths and needs to design an individualized plan to maximize their participation and learning.
Schedule and Group Size
- Monday through Thursday
- Three hours per day
- Groups size: 3-5 children
- 1:3 adult-to-child ratio
To Find Out About Our Schedule, Contact Us!
Informed And Inspired By The following Practice Models:
- HighScope and Reggio Emilia
- Play Project
- Social Thinking
How Can TKidsTime Help Your Child?
TKidsTime gets children “school ready” by focusing on:
- Following consistent daily routines
- Participation in group activities and semi-structured tasks
- Play that offers rich sensory experiences for learning through the senses
- Experiences that encourage curiosity and problem solving
- Fostering creative play and pre- academic skills
- Increasing independence with toileting and self-care
- Building social skills by targeting communication of wants and needs, turn taking, attention to others
- Improving attention span, frustration tolerance and ability to follow directions
- Increasing comprehension and expression in a variety of contexts
TKidsTime is run by Occupational Therapists and Speech and Language Pathologists to strengthen developmental skills in the following areas:
- Executive functioning (self control, attention to tasks, problem solving, and more)
- Interest and attention to play
- Anticipation and curiosity
- Improving engagement with adults and peers
- Listening and comprehension
- Social interactions
- Imitation of movements
- Imitation of actions
- Symbolic and pretend play
- Sensory processing
- Gross Motor – Movement control
- Fine motor
2828 Coral Way, Suite 205, Miami, FL 33145